• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
The OAV ends ends on a hysterical note -- even if that note is also surprisingly muted. I love good endings.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Kazuma is arrested. Aqua tries to break him out, but it goes about as well when you let those three helmed by Aqua to think of a plan. It was largely a recap of events, a reminder of personalities, but it was well done with the trial going over his accused of crimes, with the witnesses. Also Kazuma’s changing attitude through the whole interrogation thing. Actually kind of wonder how Wiz might come into play, what with how she was the one who actually did the spell and how it is Kazuma’s connection to her that trips him into going to trial. She is pretty purely nice, and despite any of Kazuma’s bad points he did not even give up Wiz’s identity.

The animation actually kind of looks a little lower this time, but I wonder if it is not partially by choice in the sort of inconsistent art of characters is part of the charm, characters looking silly in the moment rather than well drawn. Even noticeable in the OP, my favourite being a part where they see the giant turtle and they each have a different hilariously low quality drawn face, it leading up to the Darkness’s plan in the OP that also was getting laughs out of me (a good sign).

Yunyun looks to be joining in after her appearance in the OVA.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Well, we've seen the toads before, but it's still funny. Aw, I feel sorry for YunYun. I hope she will become part of the gang. And God knows what's happening to Darkness...
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they are making Yunyun a more relevant character this season. Her character chemistry with Megumin is just so entertaining to watch!

Also, the toads...funny to see them return.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
The cherry on top of the cake of interactions between Megumin and Yunyun is that after Megumin got through explaining that she is above childish ideas of wanting to win games, that her mature act was just to win a game that she is clearly invested in. She had a book with a record of all her wins. All the sad past with Yunyun being alone and Megumin going to lows to get food, the best being when a flower literally ran away from her. I wanted to see how the demon thing turned out. Which on that, I have the feeling Megumin’s cat is not normal, the fact it specifically does not like Aqua is one piece of evidence, hating the goddess but fond of the lich.

I actually kind of appreciated the all is fair talk of Kazuma facing equality, specifically calling the bullshit out on the violent tsundere trope. It was really flying in the face of chivalry, but this is also a relationship where she covered him also in slime when he called her a pretty girl (I guess in a sarcastic way). It has kind of built up since he started helping her explosion outings, but I quite like the Kazuma and Megumin chemistry, it is like a certain amount of being comfortable with each other that they can be like that with each other.

Also love the terrible titles or nicknames.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
S2 ep2
This was clearly a Megumin focused episode, even though she was passive aggressive to her old-friend-self-proclaimed-rival Yunyun it was very clear they were still friends even before the magic show in Wiz' store.

It is also interesting that she has self esteem body issues as her companions are varying degrees of voluptuousness and Megumin herself finds it annoying to be treated like a child in multiple ways, be it her ad nausea behavior to "follow the path of EXPLOSION!" or be it her comparative physical under development in the oppai department especially when compared to the rather large Yunyun.

While certainly season one had the moments between Kazuma and Megumin, this episode continues the trend that by this point they are a bit closer than just cooperative adventurers but certainly not in a territory of being couple status (though they probably could be).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

That was great to see some actual dungeon adventuring even if it was just Kazuma and Aqua. Like Kazuma, I was starting to get a little freaked out by Aqua's effectiveness ... good to know she was actually being an Undead magnet, after all.

Whither Darkness?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:32 am Reply with quote
Second Mimic this week. When Aqua started to follow him to help fight undead my natural response was "wait, doesn't she actually attract undead?", and happily it was brought up at the end. Yeah Aqua was being scaringly helpful in the episode, which I think gives a nice sense of variances and not just one note. To be fair Aqua can largely make up for her tendency of attracting undead in being useful against them, and Kazuma is a little bit mean with her before she is useful. Actually they are kind of quite similar to each other.

Great small scene would be Megumin practicing her chuunibyou chants to be dramatic and Chomusuke drops as if in reaction. And the "no explosions" sign. Lost it laughing when he put lurk only on himself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
...and in fairness to Aqua, the Lich would not have woken up and made the deal to give them treasure if she hadn't been around. Still, the whole concept of Aqua actually being ... useful. Whoa. I ... I ... need to process that for a bit.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:10 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

Well I think Darkness/Lalatina made up for her absence, so much of her. One thing to take away is that she is indeed large under her armour. The guy was literally too nice for her, not meeting her fantasies, and pretty much refuse to raise a hand to her. Pretty much infuriate her since she probably cannot stand someone treating her witch such careful gloves. It indeed sounded vulgar when mentioned Kazuma's thoughts on equality in treatment, but the part where he is draining her stamina while she is trying to crush him with a grip is both hilarious, and had me strangely think real friends at being so relentless to each other.

Comedy in the episode came from Darkness showing up as a proper noble, Kazuma trying to sabotage her, punishment becoming reward, and what her father walked in on. Although clearly he must have known what his daughter is like. That last thing she left it on though. Wonder what Megumin was left to deal with, and why do they keep thinking Kazuma was involved in it?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 am Reply with quote
It was great to see Darkness again. I like having the whole gang around (although this time Megumin was largely absent from the episode). I had sort of forgotten that there is a similarity between Darkness and Megumin in that, even though their circumstances were opposite (Darkness comes from a rich family, Megumin was dirt poor), they both were friendless and desperate to be adventurerers but rejected by other parties. Sorry, Kazutrash, but you are stuck with Darkness and her huge breasts and completely uselessness as a crusader.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
Kinda weird watching this show along with Tales of Zestiria. Ai Kayano pretty much does the exact same voice for both Darkness and Alisha, so when Darkness goes hard M I can't help but imagine Alisha acting the same.

Though considering all the shit Alisha goes through in her show, I'm sure Darkness would love to switch places with her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:26 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

It is the cemetery situation all over again thanks to Aqua's seals. Darkness seems to cause trouble for both of the demon king's men, freaking them out with her lewdness, even more that he was sharing a body with one. While it was funny to have the two keep switching, something felt not quite right, which partially makes me wonder if it comes from a language barrier in how they kept switching places. Notable was a funny bit where he is calling Darkness an annoying crusader and she pipped in saying "beautiful", maybe I think Kazuma should have had more of a handle with how to get Darkness to do things. It was used humorously when he said that he would get it off her to get rid of the pain, the music stopped as to imply Darkness was back in control but she seemed to lose enthusiasm.

Guess next episode we will see how much money they can waste. Oh, and Darkness actually found something she could hit, almost felt a bit out of character.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:02 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Aqua throwing a full on tantrum after recounting exactly how her antics tend to play out with herself was probably the funniest part of the episode, especially the pause screen just like in the first episode.

Kazuma would much rather be with Eris, it was quite funny that sort of awkward moment where it was just him and her. She also threw in that she occasionally appears on the surface, which makes me wonder if she will actually pop up, which only makes me wonder if it would get messed up some other way. Wait a moment? White hair, a small bust, and dark purple eyes. Oh my god, and it meeting happened after spoiler[Darkness prayed for friends, she introduced them together]. The show has been hiding a joke right under the surface the whole time, and yes, Kazuma might have caused problems for a relationship with his supposed perfect girl, after all spoiler[he has stolen her panties multiple times].

Megumin best girl by ending, that she would not let him get away. I was actually thinking she kissed him or something. Darkness was embarrassed. Which leads into her other embarrassment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 am Reply with quote
I hope YunYun is around next time. I want her to become part of the party.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9