• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Lad (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuurai25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote

Blood Lad (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: dark comedy, demons, fanservice, ghosts, otaku, vampires

Plot Summary: Blood Lad follows Staz, a vampire that is obsessed with the human world, and Fuyumi, a human girl that was killed and turned into a ghost after wandering into the demon world. Staz promises to help Fuyumi regain her humanity by bringing her back to life, as it means that he would be able to visit the human world.
----------------------------------

X Episodes
Action, Comedy, Demons,Horror, Romance, Seinen, Supernatural, Vampire

Ep. 1
Ok, first off, I really hope this isn't 10 episodes like the rumours suggest. I've been waiting 2 years and 1 month since this was first announced and just a 10 ep run would be hugely disappointing. The only hope would be that it would be caused by them ending an arc there and another season will come later. But enough about rumours.

Anyway, loved the episode. I've been staying away from the manga in prep for the show so it was nice to get back into the swing of things.

Love May'n so love the OP, although I don't think it's her best one.

Whether short or long, i'm really looking forward to the rest of this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1
Definitely funny. I got some Blue Exorcist vibes from this. The OP song seems okay I guess, as it's also the same one used for the previews. Staz is a funny one though with the skull and all. On the other hand, Fuyumi is so cute and shy when she meets Staz Anime hyper

Decent episode so far and I hope this follows its adaptation faithfully. spoiler[Ending implies that the duo are going to go to the other world. I can't wait!]

Btw, this series is only 10 episodes + OVA, right? Not sure why ANN lists it as 12.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, this can be our replacement for Hataraku Maou-sama, especially since Staz and Maou have the same VA.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Nice tits.

This show looks like fun. I just hope they don't show Staz picking his nose too often - that grosses me out.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
It took a few volumes for me to like the manga, and it seems the same will be true for the anime. I can't wait for it to get to the parts I really enjoyed. It seems like it will be a good adaption.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
Don't really know much about this, but I felt excited to watch it since they announced it ages back for some reason.

Episode 1

No complaints really, took me a while to realise that this might just be some replacement to Mao-sama, and did not even realize that Staz shares the voice. Staz is sure an interesting character as despite appearing like the loser type, he is fully respected. Got to love his fashion sense, and lol that he was indeed planning on spoiler[searching for the Dragon Balls to resurrect her.]

It is a bit sad that spoiler[she died so lamely in] the first episode, but it gives us a plot to follow. Not sure how much of a spoiler it is as despite being a bit of a shock, the episode title kind of ruins it.
icetea00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Oh yeah, this can be our replacement for Hataraku Maou-sama, especially since Staz and Maou have the same VA.

LOL. I was thinking about the same thing when I saw the voice actor's name, like, is that the new Maou for this season.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's quite a color design. "Random yellow" meet "everything else".

Fuyumi's death {not a spoiler since if you're here already, it's already a dead issue} was equally horrifying in how everyone was completely nonplussed {including herself} in her spoiler[being eaten alive] and hilarious because 1) Where's the rest of the bones and 2) That skull was just wrong.

I don't know anything about the manga but I like what I see {...boobs... and monsters. My inner ten year old is pleased} and I do want to learn more about "Snail Pack" girl and Jasonette.

Still as basic shounen stories go, searching for one resurrection with the dead one in question rather than 7 balls for no real reason or an infinite number of jewel shards or a completely unknown amount of treasure hidden somewhere would imply there could be an actual plot. Sometime. Maybe.

Still, boobs + monsters = good. I'm not getting a "Devil is a part Timer" vibe from this one myself {both leads seem a bit dim for complex emotional ... anything} but it could be passably entertaining.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[staz is vampire but unlike those drink blood vampire he more into anime, manga, games, etc aka vampire otaku & happen be boss one of area in demon world.

then he got called from his crew that a human female enter demon so bring her to staz give wonder & say to female yet his crew being attack by killer plants so after hearing girl advice so save his crew & easily beat plant guy by grab his heart & splat it.

hurrah but back to his room one plant monster left & it ate the female & spit out her bones with clothes cue plant splat attack yer female is sorta ok but now she a ghost.

then staz going like i will bring this female back to life yet going idea get 7 balls to wish but female give named is fuyumi give better idea yet recall how she got into demon world.

cause enter a black curtain that is let anyone go human world to demon world so then co cafe had talk with 3rd eyes cafe owners & then some thought staz i’m going to human world til panic cause no staz there so screwed.

oh wait a person want to join staz’s crew have power to disguise as anything so like copy pretend to be staz all set have feast & now staz with fuyumi go to human world.]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote
...........a comedy about an otaku vampire.

IT DON'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. Anime hyper

Quote:
That skull was just wrong.

Hamlet parody. Very Happy

Quote:
No complaints really, took me a while to realise that this might just be some replacement to Mao-sama, and did not even realize that Staz shares the voice.

I KNEW I HEARD THAT VOICE BEFORE!!
He is fantastic! His screaming rants never fail to make me LOL. Anime hyper
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Staz sure is a weird one.
Yanagi is just an unlucky human...
Those two really make an unusual pair.
The story is fun, weird, different and interesting.
Will be watching this ^^
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I liked the shot they took at Final Fantasy. "There's nothing final about it!"

I feel like I missed something, but I didn't get the Tsuchinoko joke. Was that the plant? And did we ever meet Yamada? Smile
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
A Tsuchinoko is some sort of mythical Japanese snake creature, I think. I dont know if you watched Muromi-san, but I think that is what Muromi's snake buddy was
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Ah. Have not seen more than the first ep of Maromi-san. At first I thought it might be the 3-eyed shoulder-rider (is Saty the woman or the beast?), but that character seemed too useful to make a meal of. But Fuyumi seemed so distressed, not like eating snakes, but like eating a family pet. Whatever it was, she didn't want Staz eating it either. I kept trying to figure out what the silhouette was of, but the plant was closest, even though it had many tentacles and not just the one. (lol at it crashing into the window frame as it went up the building)
sleepie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
This sorta reminds me of the Disgaea series. These characters would fit right in. Anyway I cant get enough of the opening. I love it. :]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11