• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Iwa-Kakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls- (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Iwa-Kakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls- (TV)

Themes: sports

Plot Summary: First-year high school student Konomi Kasahara discovered sport climbing at Hanamiya Girls' High School after training her mind with puzzle games during junior high school. Her life changed the moment she stumbled across her new school's climbing wall, which led her into the school's climbing team.
----------------------------------

I vaguely remember seeing this announced a few months ago. I found it interesting because the character designs really tried to accentuate their abs and v-lines, which I've never seen any anime. Guess they really wanna' emphasize how fit these girls are since they're climbing a bunch of walls, rocks, etc.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

This is one I don't have a super lot to talk about. It did its job, as far as I realise it did not really creep on its characters like other shows would, and I would say that its production was nice. I just don't have a lot to say. It had some exciting parts, but not a whole lot that got me really excited. Probably most helpful were some of the other characters that showed up, like the girl with rabbit ears who was a spider. But not a whole lot.

My rating would be 5/10, it did not really grab my attention, but I think that a lot of people looking for this sort of stuff could find this an easy choice. Not really much to actually complain about, I personally just wandered a bit watching. The ending was pretty good though, so mark that up to a 5.5. You know what, make it a Decent (6/10).
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:56 am Reply with quote
A bit of surprise ending since spoiler[they take the top-team award at Nationals. Usually the teams in shows like this fail at the first try and only in later seasons do they reach the top (cf. Hibike! Euphonium and Chihayafuru). Probably means there won't be another season.]
I'd say Rin was my favorite character of the bunch.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:39 am Reply with quote
It certainly was a quick resolution and team win.

A sequel could definitely be done though. There is still room to focus on individual glories, the white-haired girl joining the team "next year," and the president exploring a pro career.

But I'm indifferent on it. If we're going to bring back some jacked girls, I'd prefer more "Dumbbells."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1