• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (Possible spoilers)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote
**Ok, now that the series has started, watch out for possible spoilers from previous Nanoha, A's, and Strikers.**

I don't know why I'm so excited about this show coming in April but I really am. I was really impressed with the first two series, Nanoha and A's, and I've been itching to see more. Here's the Encyclopedia info:

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

I like the magical girl genre, but I think that one of the things that really impresses me about Nanoha is the action. Battle sequences that are more like dog fights than the typical Magical Girl fare. Its a magical girl show with an edge and it is exiting. And even though it takes a lot of similar things from those typical magical girl series, it does enough to stamp its own name in the genre. I even like the sci-fi element that gets added.

And the more I read up on the upcoming series the more I get excited even if most turn out to be just rumors. First of all the closing sequence in A's, gave us a glimpse of the girls 6 years after the events of the series and I was sort of intrigued by this. But now I'm reading that actually Strikers will be taking place 10 years after A's. So now Hayate, Fate, and Nanoha are all working at the Space/Time Administration Bureau. I think this just means more battles and less school life. Although there will probably be more political affairs as well now that all three are working for the Bureau.

Now I haven't been able to get any program to properly translate the Japanese site to confirm any of the info so don't hold me to it, but I think most of this is is probably correct; a lot of different websites seem to be somewhat on the same page abut most of the stuff I have posted. And the encyclopedia shows that Strikers will be a full 26 episodes which is fine by me, the more Nanoha the better, but this is another one I'm not sure of since both Nanoha and A's were 13 episodes each.

So far I think the only thing the show will probably losing out on is for people who enjoy the characters younger, but I think for fans of the show this will be both interesting and fun to watch. The one thing I'm concerned about is the absence of Yuuno in any of the info I have read, which is a bit sad since he is one of my favorite characters. But I hope he is involved in one way or another.

Well in any case I'm looking forward to a new Nanoha and I suppose I'll be finding out if at least some of this is right in less than a month. And maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong about anything and give us a bit more info if they can read the Japanese site. So anyone else looking forward to Strikers? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by undeadben on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
Although there will probably be more political affairs as well now that all three are working for the Bureau.

I would be suprised and probably disappointed if this wasn't the case. At this point, we have character designs and pictures for about a lot of new characters and all of them work for the Bureau.

Quote:
Now I haven't been able to get any program to properly translate the Japanese site to confirm any of the info so don't hold me to it, but I think most of this is is probably correct; a lot of different websites seem to be somewhat on the same page abut most of the stuff I have posted. And the encyclopedia shows that Strikers will be a full 26 episodes which is fine by me, the more Nanoha the better, but this is another one I'm not sure of since both Nanoha and A's were 13 episodes each.

I can't read Japanese either, but this seems to be the case. AoD has been discussing the upcoming series since it was announced back around November and as new information has come out and the 26 episode length is accepted as fact there.

Quote:
So far I think the only thing the show will probably losing out on is for people who enjoy the characters younger, but I think for fans of the show this will be both interesting and fun to watch.

I've yet to hear anyone complaining. While characters from the previous seasons have gotten older (other than the Velka Knights), we also have some new characters, which appear to be about the age Nanoha and Fate were in the previous seasons. I haven't seen much complaining about Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate becoming legal and filling out.

Quote:
The one thing I'm concerned about is the absence of Yuuno in any of the info I have read, which is a bit sad since he is one of my favorite characters. But I hope he is involved in one way or another.

There have been a few concerns about this. At this point, it seems like he'll be stuck in Infinity Library for the entire season. Wouldn't it be funny if he turns out to be the villain? Laughing

Quote:
So anyone else looking forward to Strikers? What are your thoughts?

Nanoha StrikerS is my most anticipated series for this next season, with only El Cazador coming close to matching it. There are other series I am looking forward to but not nearly as much as these two.

My thoughts so far..... Kyaro/Carole (pink haired girl, apparenty a summoner of sorts) looks so darn cute and I can't wait to see what she's capable of and Tianna (orange haired gunner) looks cool two. I can't choose between the two as my favorite new characters.

And I'm gitty about Chrono's new seiyu..
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I've enjoyed Nanoha as much as some other people who seem to love it, but I have enjoyed it and look forward to this next season. Cool transformation scenes and fighting and ultra super moves and secret forms and junk... Uh, that's actually one of the main reasons I watch it, because I like the eye candy. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Its plot is interesting enough to keep me entertained though, so it does have more to it.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
Quote:

I can't read Japanese either, but this seems to be the case. AoD has been discussing the upcoming series since it was announced back around November and as new information has come out and the 26 episode length is accepted as fact there.

Just to provide some source.

http://pc.webnt.jp/hotnews/news229.html

Even if you can't read Japanese, you can spot something in the first line here that has the number "26". It refers to the number of episodes.
undeadben

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys. 26 butt kicking magical girl filled episodes? I'm there.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
There have been a few concerns about this. At this point, it seems like he'll be stuck in Infinity Library for the entire season. Wouldn't it be funny if he turns out to be the villain? Laughing

Ack, that would definitely be a twist. The guy that started the whole mess comes back to make an even bigger mess. And Yuuno has such a soft disposition that it would be a really huge contrast to his normal self. Naah, they wouldn't do that, would they? But it's fun to think about.

Quote:
Nanoha StrikerS is my most anticipated series for this next season, with only El Cazador coming close to matching it. There are other series I am looking forward to but not nearly as much as these two.

I've considered El Cazador but I am not really a girls with guns fan, but I have been looking forward to StrikerS since I first heard about it. And now that I think about it, It was one of your posts sometime last year that got me into Nanoha in the first place, so I have you to thank/blame for being on pins and needles now about the start of the new series. Laughing

Quote:
My thoughts so far..... Kyaro/Carole (pink haired girl, apparenty a summoner of sorts) looks so darn cute and I can't wait to see what she's capable of and Tianna (orange haired gunner) looks cool two. I can't choose between the two as my favorite new characters.

I have read a few profiles for the new characters although I never know what to expect until they are actually introduced, but I think the creators proved capable of adding new interesting characters in A's so I'm looking forward to them as well.

PantsGoblin wrote:
Uh, that's actually one of the main reasons I watch it, because I like the eye candy. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Its plot is interesting enough to keep me entertained though, so it does have more to it.

Nothing wrong with liking eye candy, actually isn't eye candy meant to be liked? I don't think I'd enjoy the show if they were all hags. Wink
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I'vebeen looking forward to this since my first glimpse at Season one. Ya that means I knew it would be more then 2 seasons. I love Nanoha so much, the animation on the fights and powers are some of my favorite. It's my favorite Magical Girl show by far, plus it had some serious sad moments and loli-yuri undertone. Which then turned to easily recognizable in the 2nd season. Now that's not why I loved it but it helped a little. I can't wait for StrikerS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
i don't care about the Nanoha's story too much, since Fate and Nanoha are so cute.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
What the heck makes Fate so special such that she'd make it deep in the Saimoe Tournament? And she's poised to capture Lolitron
johnjefferson3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
the opening sequence is great and i just wanted everyone to know how great this series is, i am all ready talking about it on other fourms at other sites, but i wanted to let all you people here know what is going on too, so if anyone else wants to get this topic moving in the right direction again just let me know! ok!!
the animation is really top notch comparied to the 2 previous seasons, and i am one of the greatest fans of this show also, so please watch this show as soon as possible!!!!!!
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Ok, caught the first episode, and in record time, too. The quality of the copy wasn’t so good so some of what I say might be directly caused by this and not really because of lack of quality in production or design.

First of all, all the high energy fun I was anticipating is still there. I thought the first few episodes would be more slow developing-type introductions, because they are aiming for the 26 episodes, but they manage to accomplish this without reverting to a slow pace. Granted this is basically just a character introduction for Subaru and Teana, but it wasn't slow. We learn a bit about them during a test to see if they can move up in rank where they would then be trained by Flight Lieutenant Nanoha. I suppose it can still slow down a bit, since they might be trying to show some good stuff in the opening episode, but it doesn’t really seem like it will too much.

Character interactions and dialogue are still simple and often cute without getting cheesy, and just fun and truly enjoyable to watch all around. Character designs are what I am not too sure about. I don’t know if it was the poor quality in the copy I watched but the adult characters, Fate, Nanoha, and Hayate look just a bit generic, while it looks like more work went into the new younger characters. But then this could also be attributed to the fact that we only see a few passing shots of the adult mages.

And animation has never been something that really bothers me in any way when it comes to anime so long as the story is enjoyable and it doesn’t look like this will disappoint in that department either, although as I always say, it is near impossible to gage on the first episode alone. But based on the nice storytelling in the Nanoha franchise up till now and triangle heart before it, I'm willing to trust this series in advance.

The seiyuu are also great, as they have been, and Chiwa Saito and Mai Nakahara being added will never hurt any cast, they play Subaru and Tea respectively, the young recruits trying to prove their worth. Music is still a bit generic but fun enough to accompany the action sequences, the opening is fairly fun, and the ending has some nice images.

Overall good first episode to just get the current status set up and introduce a couple of new characters and let us know that the magical girl show with an edge isn’t about to lose that edge. The series is already fun in just one episode and I’m looking forward to the rest. Looks like next episode will have for us spoiler[a bit of a look at what has happened to the girls since we last saw them]. Looking forward to it. Very Happy

**Sorry if it is sloppy, if I missed something or got something wrong, someone, please correct me. I wrote this sleepy and in a hurry since I have to get to bed for work tonight.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Nanoha, while bing mahou shoujo, has proven it could provide the action. The only way this season can get better is to provide a story too. I am not too worry about the action part of the show. Looking forward to it.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
If this one follows the pattern of the last two, that being most people liked A's over the original, then we can expect a lot of great stuff to come from StrikerS. The first episode doesn't really revolve around the old characters as much as the new ones, but it is only the first episode. All I can say is, hopefully this one will be even better than the last two :X

On another note, it seems this one will also fill your girls-with-guns needs Razz
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Finally saw it and it was great, sort of.

I like the way Nanoha and Fate took up as teachers and agents of the Bureau and see they haven't changed in sexiness. I didn't really expect this to be about other characters so much as Nanoha and Fate, but I like it. The new girl with that kickass glove is sweet. The animation was awesome for the test and it really made me want to watch some old Nanoha and Triangle Heart.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Another good episode and also more good action. I was able to get a better copy this time around and I am glad to say that some of my concerns about the first episode character designs probably did stem from a fuzzy picture. Nothing really gets accomplished in this episode and even the new recruits are spoiler[back at square one having failed the test], but we did get some good background on a bit of what we missed when it jumped several years between series. Granted it just takes us back to a specific moment but it looks to be important with what’s going on in the lives of the girls. So far a second episode of introduction is still fine by me, and I don’t really have any complaints. Oh, and two more new characters, Erio Mondial and Caro Ru Lushe, the two younger ones, 10 years old if I remember correctly, who are also recruits appear near the end. Just for a bit though so we’ll probably learn more about them in the next episode.

Next episode preview shows spoiler[a re-test for Teana and Subaru]. And something else but I forgot. Anime smile + sweatdrop
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I was mistaken about the next episode preview at th end of episode 2, the re-test was done in the land of "never aired." And so we hit episode 3. Another decent episode but not really a lot happening. It basically rounds out the introductory portion of the show and finishes it off. The new unit is now in place, Hayate is handling the bureaucratic business and Nanoha jumps into her training sessions. At one point they are going over the current status and it's basically, "this is good, that is good, those are good, everything is good." So they've basically just jinxed the hell out of themselves and the next episode preview proves that maybe not everything is staying good.

While I was watching the show I could see that it was wrapping up the introduction and I was thinking the show could now go in one of two ways for the next few episodes. A.) the story is set up now and they still have 23 episodes to go so they could start doing some goofy filler episodes where we get to know the characters better, or B.) they jump right into a preliminary arc that will not only be important to the story but also help in keeping the story from slowing down. I was assuming B just because they could have very well have just done 13 episodes like in the first two series and avoided fillers altogether by not committing to a longer series, and I'm glad it does look like this is the direction they will be heading.

Again not really brilliant as of yet, but the stage is now set and it'll probably start gradually pick up from here.
johnjefferson3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote
now i know some of you are very additive to this show so i am going to give you just a very little generic decription of a part of epsiode 4, and there is even more to this that i will not tell you yetspoiler[but it all good stuff with a little preview of epsiode 5 for next week read if you dare!!!! it going to be unbealiveable shock to your system!!!! as you know everyone thought eilo was going to die, while he pretty much was , but thankfully the people at headquaters(Chrono, probley saied i the only one who can save that little boy) heard of her (Nanoha)evil plan and ordered nanoha, fate to AA power and hayate power level down to A for training so that they do not accendently destroy the planet since the TSAB paied so much money for that holographic projection platform where thay do all that training to begin with, so nanoha gets pissed and then decieds to take all 4 noobs at once, either none of then get hit for a full 5 minutes or anyone of them hits nanoha, and with the help of sweet carol, elio get to hits nanoha, which secretly pissed her more, but they passed this test, so all 3 girls get a super shower time together, but since elio is a boy but get a personal bath from fate again, so then nanoha creates new plan so for epsiode 5 she decides to kill 2 birds with one stone, since they need to learn how to fly, she just grab all 4 of them but them on a plane and then sholve them out the plane and then hopefually fall to there immentient death, so elio and now carol might die afterall, since nanoha wants fate all to herself, i just hope chrono can safe his sister's (fate)adopate kids again, but each epsiode get even more pumpeed up, were going on overdrive now!!!!!!! chrono does controls hayate limiter but it was somone else that actually phycacally put the limiters in all the devices and the people themselves, not just the 4 new people, there is a chain of command sequence of who control who limiters and who can specific unlock which ones also!!! ] I even give you an even more detailed decription later!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2