• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Usergroups

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
What is the function of "Usergroups" link in Forum Functions? There are three groups only (Industry, Industry - Reps, and Moderators) and all of them are closed. I wonder what's its current funtionality.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:30 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
What is the function of "Usergroups" link in Forum Functions? There are three groups only (Industry, Industry - Reps, and Moderators) and all of them are closed. I wonder what's its current funtionality.

There are others, but they're hidden.

They're part of how the PHPBB forum works. Everyone, by default, has access to read and post in the main forums (which are the ones you can see). Some people have access to read and post in additional forums (the "obvious" example being staff-only forums). Other groups grant moderation powers (the ability to edit/delete/lock/sticky/etc threads). Each can be granted or revoked on an individual basis, so there can be staff without moderation powers, and there can be moderators who aren't staff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1