• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fatal Fury City of the Wolves Game's New Character Video Reveals Return of Marco Rodrigues

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 am Reply with quote
Marco is back and is not called "Khushnood Butt" anymore.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm Reply with quote
With Marco's inclusion I think it pretty much guarantees that all the characters that appeared in the original Mark of the Wolves are returning for the base game. There's also plenty of nice easter eggs in his stage: there's the bear who was his training partner from the original MotW, his stage seems to be owned by Yuri Sakazaki and in the climbing wall you can spot a Neo-Geo CD controller and the blue & yellow faces from the original Neo-Geo logo

cyberdraco wrote:
Marco is back and is not called "Khushnood Butt" anymore.

SNK has called him Marco for a while now, but they also corrected the spelling mistake in his surname, Marco is supposed to be Brazilian but his surname was Rodríguez, which is the Spanish pronunciation, now he's called Rodrigues with an S. That's the second time SNK was told the differences between Spanish and Portuguese, the first one was with the characters of Bandeiras Hattori from KOF XIV, he was orginally called Banderas, which is a Spanis surname, but Hattori was from Brazil.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Marco back and looking fantastic!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1